Crime Solicitor Vacancies
Job Title: Criminal Defence Solicitor
Benefits include: 23 days holiday p.a. plus all public & Bank Holidays; cycle to work scheme. We also have regular social activities & genuinely pride ourselves on having a supportive & friendly culture.
Application closing date: 12 February 2016
Download the job specification here
We have a number of vacancies for Criminal Defence Solicitors to join our leading Criminal Defence Departments. The position will provide a perfect opportunity for solicitors to develop their expertise in general crime as well as in high profile and complex cases.
ITN Solicitors is a leading law firm based in East London (Stratford) with departments in Crime, Human Rights, Public Law, International Law, Children & Family Law, Immigration and Actions Against the Police. ITN has a large own client following and conducts a significant proportion of its work on behalf of private clients. In addition it maintains LAA contracts in 5 disciplines and successfully procured six crime duty contracts in the LAA’s recent tender exercise.
ITN has built an international reputation for the work it undertakes which is often high profile. Much of ITN’s work is reported in both domestic and international media. We are ranked in Chambers and Partners as a leading firm in Crime and Civil Liberties & Human Rights.
The firm has a leading Criminal Defence Department with a large own client following. It successfully procured six duty contracts in the LAA’s recent tender exercise. Our solicitors are recognised for their fearless and dynamic approach to litigation. We are known for our ability to take on complex and difficult factual challenges and find and apply novel legal solutions to achieve the best possible remedies for our clients.
ITN has developed a good reputation for representing clients in the more challenging and complex aspects of criminal law work. This is a great opportunity to join a vibrant and growing team of partners and staff who are committed to providing justice to individuals.
The Applicant Specification
We are committed to equality and diversity and welcome applications from all sections of the community. We are looking for qualified solicitors who meet the specification below.
- Duty Solicitor Status would be an advantage but not essential
- Police Station Qualification essential
- Ability to conduct Magistrates Court trials
- Higher Rights would be an advantage but not essential
- Have a good academic background.
- Have a genuine interest in working in criminal defence law
- Will have the ability to demonstrate good client relationship building skills
- Commitment to providing access to justice to all
- Shares ITN’s commitment to providing clients a first class service
The successful applicant will become a valued member of our driven crime team and the role will include:
- Preparing criminal defence cases
- Managing a busy case load
- Advising clients at the police station, Magistrates’ and/or Crown Court.
- Preparing appeals to higher courts as needed
- Participating in the out of hours rota scheme
- Building an own client following
- Preparing and managing legal aid and private client criminal defence cases
- Working individually or as part of a team as necessary
We are looking for hard-working and proactive individuals who are able to use their initiative and develop their own caseload. A positive attitude and an active interest in this area of law are essential.
Applications should be made by way of a CV and covering letter to email@example.com
Contract: Permanent, full-time position
Closing date: 12 February 2016
Location: London, UK
Our criminal defence services: