It is also possible for a non-EEA national spouse or unmarried partner of an EEA national to derive independent rights of residence in the UK in the event of their divorce from the EEA national family, domestic violence on the part of the EEA national family member, death of the EEA national family or if they have custody of a child who has retained their EEA residence rights and is in full time education. This is a very technical area of European Union law and we have a great deal of experience in providing specialist advice to clients in complex EEA retention of right matters.

Also in this section