Job Title: Immigration Paralegal
Location: London (City of London)
Contract: Permanent - Full-time
Salary: £19,747 - £21,158 (based on 35 - 37.5 hours per week at London Living Wage)
Application closing date: 21st November 2021 at 11:59pm
We are looking for a paralegal to undertake a variety of administrative and casework tasks at our Head Office in City of London. You will work under the supervision of a partner and work with a number of fee earners in the Immigration team. This is a great opportunity to join a vibrant, growing and supportive team who are committed to assisting clients with immigration and asylum issues.
We are looking for hard-working and proactive individuals who are able to use their initiative. A positive attitude and an active interest in developing knowledge and expertise in the field of immigration and asylum law are essential.
We have a large Latin American client base so knowledge of Spanish would be an advantage.
We would support the chosen candidate to obtain the Law Society’s Immigration and Asylum Accreditation.
We are committed to equality and diversity and welcome applications from all sections of the community. We also offer flexible working conditions.
- To comply with all Professional Codes of Conduct that apply to Solicitors
- Provide administrative support to the Head of Immigration Department and other fee earners working within the Immigration Department
- Producing letters and documents
- Use our casework management system to maintain records, produce documents and record time
- Arrange meetings and maintain office calendars
- Answer phone calls, taking messages and redirecting calls when appropriate
- Filing documents at Court
- Attending meetings/hearings to take notes
- To be of general assistance as required by the firm.
- Computer literate
- Knowledge of MS Office
- Proven time-management
- Ability to multitask
- A commitment to social justice
- Experience as a paralegal or in office administration
- Ability to speak Spanish as we have a considerable Latin American client base
Applications should be made by way of a CV and covering letter/email to email@example.com quoting the reference above.
We reserve the right to close this vacancy should suitable candidates be identified prior to the deadline.