Crime Department - Specification
Job Title: Junior Legal Cashier
Location: London (City of London)
Contract: Permanent - Full-time – 9:30am-5:30pm
Application closing date: 3rd November 2023
We are looking for a Junior Legal Cashier to perform a variety of accounts and administrative tasks at our head office in Tower Hill, London. You will be working under the supervision of our Finance Manager and be working across all departments within the firm.
ITN Solicitors is a leading law firm with offices in the City of London (Tower Hill) and east London (Stratford), Oxford, Birmingham and Manchester. We have departments in Crime, Actions against the Police, Public Law, Prison Law, Children & Family Law and Immigration. The firm’s ethos is built on a commitment to human rights, civil liberties and access to justice. It conducts a significant amount of publicly funded work however it also services a growing private client base.
ITN has built an international reputation for the work it undertakes which is often high profile and receives both national and international media attention. Many of the firm’s departments are ranked in the main legal directories as leaders in their respective fields, and the firm has a keen focus on maintaining high standards of legal advice and client care. The firm is committed to the continuing professional development of all its staff.
The Applicant Specification
We are committed to equality and diversity and welcome applications from all sections of the community. We are looking for someone who meets the specification below.
- Experience as a Legal Cashier or as a legal accounts assistant
- Experience in a legal aid law firm desirable but not essential
- Proven ability to deal with confidential matters and with discretion
- Ability to deal with people at different levels within the Practice
- Ability to quickly assess and resolve problems
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Computer literate - working knowledge of MS Office
- Good time-management skills and ability to multitask
The successful applicant will become a valued and integral member of our firm. The role will include:
- Banking as and when required
- Posting all receipts
- Processing payment requests from fee-earners and management staff for both client and office accounts
- Issuing cheques
- Posting payments
- Management of petty cash
- Taking cash and card payments
- Generating and posting invoices
- Posting bank sales receipts
- Generating weekly supplier payment runs
- Posting counsel/expert fee notes and ensuring payment when due
- Managing expenses and overtime claims
- Inventories of assets and stock taking
- Credit control
- Assisting the Finance Manager with payroll and management responsibilities as directed
- To be of general assistance as required by the firm
We are looking for hard-working and proactive individuals who are able to use their initiative and who possess a positive attitude.
Applications should be made by way of a CV and covering letter/email to firstname.lastname@example.org
We reserve the right to close this vacancy should suitable candidates be identified prior to the deadline