Immigration Solicitor/Case Worker Vacancy
Job Title: Immigration Solicitor/Caseworker
Location: London (City of London)
Contract: Permanent - Full-time
Application closing date: 21st November 2022 at 23:59
ITN Solicitors are looking for an Accredited Immigration Solicitor or Caseworker to carry out work primarily under our Legal Aid Agency Contract. You will be dealing with asylum cases, trafficking cases, bail applications, judicial review and other matters falling within the scope of the legal aid contract. You may also be required to work on private clients’ cases as and when required and therefore a flexible approach and broad range of experience within the immigration field is preferred.
We are looking for someone who is already accredited through the Law Society’s Accreditation Scheme preferably to level 2 (Senior Caseworker) and who has experience working under the new Legal Aid contract arrangements. Salary competitive.
We are looking for hard-working and proactive individuals who are able to use their initiative and develop their own caseload. A positive attitude and an active interest in developing knowledge and expertise in this area of law are essential.
- At least two year’s recent experience of legal casework in a broad range of immigration and asylum law.
- Accredited as a Senior Caseworker to OISC Level 2 or 3 or IAAS Level 2
- Recent experience of working within a LAA contract framework.
- An understanding of the current issues in immigration and asylum law.
- An ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Well organised and systematic in approach to work.
- The ability to deal impartially and courteously with people from different backgrounds, many of whom are under stress.
- Ability to manage own caseload and meet agreed targets
- Understanding of professional advice standards including concept of conflict of interest and client confidentiality.
- Good interpersonal skills, including good communication skills both verbal and written.
- Good attention to detail, well organised and able to keep accurate records.
- An ability to prioritise your workload with the minimum of supervision.
- Good academic record
- Good Legal writing and drafting skills
- Willing and able to do administrative tasks as required
We are committed to equality and diversity and welcome applications from all sections of the community. We offer flexible working conditions
Applications should be made by way of a CV and covering letter/email to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting the reference above.
We reserve the right to close this vacancy should suitable candidates be identified prior to the deadline.