Job Title: Crime Solicitor
Location: Birmingham, Manchester, Oxford and London
Benefits include: Hybrid working; 23 days holiday p.a. plus public & Bank Holidays; pension scheme and cycle to work scheme. We also have regular social activities & genuinely pride ourselves on having a supportive & friendly culture.
Application closing date: 11 May 2022
We have a number of vacancies for solicitors to join our leading Crime Department in our London, Birmingham, Manchester or Oxford offices. The position will provide an excellent opportunity for criminal solicitors to develop their expertise at an award-winning firm with a reputation for excellence. Duty status is preferable but not essential.
ITN Solicitors is a leading law firm with offices in the City (Tower Hill) and East London (Stratford City area). We have departments in Crime, Human Rights, Public Law, Children & Family Law, Immigration, and Actions Against the Police. ITN has a large own client following and conducts a significant proportion of its work on behalf of private clients.
We conduct complex and high-profile work. Our cases are regularly reported in the media. ITN Solicitors is ranked in both the Legal 500 and Chambers and Partners as a leading firm in Crime and Civil Liberties & Human Rights. We are also ranked in the Legal 500 for Family work.
The firm has a leading crime department with a large own client following. We deal with a wide range of criminal work from the investigation stage to the appellate courts, encompassing serious crime, fraud and protest. The department is particularly noted for expertise in dealing with unusually complex or politically sensitive cases.
This is a great opportunity to join a vibrant and growing team who share a collegiate approach to work and are committed to fighting for justice.
The Applicant Specification (Solicitor)
We are committed to equality and diversity and welcome applications from all sections of the community. We are looking for qualified solicitors who meet the specification below.
- Duty status and Higher Rights would be an advantage but not essential for Solicitors
- Have a good academic background.
- Have a genuine interest in working in criminal defence law
- Will have the ability to demonstrate good client relationship building skills
- Commitment to providing access to justice to all
- Shares ITN’s commitment to providing clients a first class service
The successful applicant will become a valued member of our driven crime team and the role will include:
- Preparing criminal defence cases
- Managing a busy case load
- Advising clients at the police station, Magistrates’ and/or Crown Court.
- Preparing appeals to higher courts as needed
- Participating in the out of hours rota scheme
- Building an own client following
- Preparing and managing legal aid and private client criminal defence cases
- Working individually or as part of a team as necessary
We are looking for hard-working and proactive individuals who are able to use their initiative and develop their own caseload. A positive attitude and an active interest in this area of law are essential.
Applications should be made by way of a CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Contract: permanent, full-time position
Closing date: 11 May 2022
Location: London, Birmingham, Manchester, Oxford