Job Title: Crime Paralegal
Location: London (City & East)
Benefits include: 23 days holiday p.a. plus all public & Bank Holidays; cycle to work scheme. We have regular social activities & genuinely pride ourselves on having a supportive & friendly culture. We also have excellent flexible working practices.
Application closing date: 5pm 11 May 2022
We are looking for a paralegal to undertake a variety of administrative and case work tasks at our Head Office in Tower Hill, London. You will work under the supervision of a partner and work with a number of fee earners in the Crime team.
ITN Solicitors is a leading law firm with offices in the City (Tower Hill) and East London (Stratford City area). We have departments in Crime, Human Rights, Public Law, Children & Family Law, Immigration, and Actions Against the Police. ITN has a large own client following and conducts a significant proportion of its work on behalf of private clients.
We conduct complex and high-profile work. Our cases are regularly reported in the media. We are ranked in both the Legal 500 and Chambers and Partners as a leading firm in Crime and Civil Liberties & Human Rights. We are also ranked in the Legal 500 for Family work.
The firm has a leading crime department with a large own client following. We deal with a wide range of criminal work, from the investigation stage to the appellate courts, encompassing serious crime, fraud and protest. The department is particularly noted for expertise in dealing with unusually complex or politically sensitive cases.
This is a great opportunity to join a vibrant and growing team who share a collegiate approach to work and are committed to fighting for justice.
The Applicant Specification
We are committed to equality and diversity and welcome applications from all sections of the community. We are looking for someone who meets the specification below.
- Experience as a paralegal or in office administration
- Computer literate
- Knowledge of MS Office
- Proven time-management
- Ability to multitask
- Have a good academic background.
- Have a genuine interest in working in criminal defence law
- Commitment to providing access to justice to all
- Shares ITN’s commitment to providing clients a first class service
The successful applicant will become a valued member of our driven crime team and the role will include:
- To comply with all Professional Codes of Conduct that apply to Solicitors.
- Provide administrative support to the solicitors in the Crime team, including filing, making applications for Legal Aid, making enquiries with clients, the court, experts, and the prosecution.
- Using our case work management system to maintain records, produce documents and record time.
- Arrange meetings and maintain the office calendars.
- Answer phone calls for fee earners, take notes/messages and redirect calls when appropriate.
- Preparing cases and managing files to ensure readiness for all litigation stages and Court hearings.
- Attending meetings/hearings to take notes.
- To be of general assistance as required by the firm.
We are looking for hard-working and proactive individuals who are able to use their initiative. A positive attitude and an active interest in this area of law are essential.
Applications should be made by way of a CV and covering letter to email@example.com.
We reserve the right to close this vacancy should suitable candidates be identified prior to the deadline