Criminal Duty Solicitors (Full Time & Freelance)
Location: City of London (Tower Hill) & East London (Stratford)
Benefits include: 20 days holiday p.a. plus public & Bank Holidays; pension scheme; cycle to work scheme. We also have regular social activities & genuinely pride ourselves on having a supportive & friendly culture.
Closing date for applications: 29th November 2019
Apply with CV and covering letter addressed to: email@example.com
We have a number of vacancies for solicitors to join our leading Crime Department. The position will provide a perfect opportunity for duty solicitors to develop their criminal law expertise in general crime as well as in high profile and complex cases. Duty status is preferable but not essential.
ITN Solicitors is a leading law firm with offices in the City (Tower Hill) and East London (Stratford City area). We have departments in Crime, Human Rights, Public Law, International Law, Children & Family Law, Immigration, and Actions Against the Police. ITN has a large own client following and conducts a significant proportion of its work on behalf of private clients.
ITN has built an international reputation for the work it undertakes which is often high profile. Much of ITN’s work is reported in both domestic and international media. We are ranked in both the Legal 500 and Chambers and Partners as a leading firm in Crime and Civil Liberties & Human Rights. We are also ranked in the Legal 500 for Family work.
The firm has a leading crime department with a large own client following. Our solicitors are known for their fearless and dynamic approach to litigation. We are known for our ability to take on complex and difficult factual challenges and find and apply novel legal solutions to achieve effective remedies for our clients.
ITN has developed an outstanding reputation for representing clients who find themselves facing the more challenging and complex aspects of criminal law work. This is a great opportunity to join a vibrant and growing team of partners and staff who share a collegiate approach to work and are committed to fighting for justice.
The Applicant Specification (Solicitor)
We are committed to equality and diversity and welcome applications from all sections of the community. We are looking for qualified solicitors and paralegals who meet the specification below.
- Duty status and Higher Rights would be an advantage but not essential for Solicitors
- Have a good academic background.
- Have a genuine interest in working in criminal defence law
- Will have the ability to demonstrate good client relationship building skills
- Commitment to providing access to justice to all
- Shares ITN’s commitment to providing clients a first class service
The successful applicant will become a valued member of our driven crime team and the role will include:
- Preparing criminal defence cases
- Managing a busy case load
- Advising clients at the police station, Magistrates’ and/or Crown Court.
- Preparing appeals to higher courts as needed
- Participating in the out of hours rota scheme
- Building an own client following
- Preparing and managing legal aid and private client criminal defence cases
- Working individually or as part of a team as necessary
We are looking for hard-working and proactive individuals who are able to use their initiative and develop their own caseload. A positive attitude and an active interest in this area of law are essential.
Applications should be made by way of a CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
ITN is the kind of law firm that helps you to become the kind of lawyer you always wanted to be.