CONTRACT: 12 months full time
APPLICATION DEADLINE: 26 April 2019
START DATE: ASAP
We are looking for a paralegal to undertake a variety of administrative and case work tasks at our Head Office in Tower Hill, London. You will work under the supervision of a partner and work with a number of fee earners in the Civil Liberties team.
- To comply with all Professional Codes of Conduct that apply to Solicitors.
- Provide administrative support to the solicitors in the Civil Liberties team, including filing, making applications for Legal Aid, making enquiries with clients, the court, opponents and experts, and preparing bundles.
- Audio type letters and documents.
- Use our case work management system to maintain records, produce documents and record time.
- Arrange meetings and maintain the office calendars.
- Answer phone calls for fee earners, take notes/messages and redirect calls when appropriate.
- Preparing cases and managing files to ensure readiness for all litigation stages and Court hearings.
- Filing documents at Court.
- Attending meetings/hearings to take notes.
- To be of general assistance as required by the firm.
- Computer literate
- Knowledge of MS Office
- Proven time-management
- Ability to multitask
- A commitment to social justice
- Experience as a paralegal or in office administration
- Experience of audio typing
Please send a covering letter and your CV to email@example.com
The environment is very nurturing, whatever your role is everybody is supportive and there to help you. ITN is very committed to developing their paralegals and trainees to be the future of the firm.
Priyanka Chakravarty, Solicitor