Children & Family Law
The breakdown of a family or relationship can be an emotional and stressful time. ITN's Family Law department offer sensitive and professional legal advice on the legal options that will achieve the best result for you.
We subscribe to the Resolution Code of Practice and therefore will try and resolve issues without the need to resort to court proceedings. However, we recognise that in some cases, issues can only be determined by resoting to the courts.
We offer specialist advice in all aspects of Family Law which includes the following:
- Private Law Children. This includes contact, residence, specific issue, prohibited steps, parental responsibility, and special guardianship orders.
- Care Proceedings (Public Law). Intervention by the local authority is one of the most complex and distressing events a family can experience. We offer advice on Child Protection Conferences, s20 accommodation, Emergency Protections Orders, Care and Supervision Order, and Adoption.
- Domestic Abuse and Forced Marriage. People who are in abusive relationships or suffering abuse or threats can apply for a Non-Molestation Order to protect them against abuse and an Occupation Order to regulate the occupancy of the family home. In certain circumstances, the orders can be applied for on an emergency basis and in these cases, we aim to see you on the same day.
- Divorce and Separation and Disolving Civil Partnership. We are able to offer a fixed fee arrangement for an uncontested divorce.
- Pre-Nuptial and Cohabitation Agreements
- Financial Remedies. If you are married or in a civil partnership but your relationship has broken down and you have financial matters to resolve with your spouse we can assist.
ITN's clients come from a wide variety of backgrounds and we undertake family work on both a private client and, where eligible, on a legal aid basis. We hold a specialist contact from the Legal Services Commission for Family Law.
If you are not eligible for legal aid we are happy to discuss affordable case payment schemes with you. We do not want legal fees to add to what is likely to already be a difficult time for you.
For further information or a private discussion contact our Head of Family, Ms Mitali Zakaria (email Mitiali)